The Whitney Canyon Gas Plant (WCGP) was a former 250-million standard cubic feet per day (MMscf/d) gas plant used to process sour reservoir fluids to produce marketable hydrocarbon products. Constructed in 1980, the plant was taken out of service in 2009. Soon after, Pioneer began work at the site providing the initial strategic planning, site investigation, reclamation design, and general project and on-site management.
Current update: Since 2009, Pioneer has completed site investigations and site assessments, created and submitted state-required documents, prepared long-term cost estimates to help the client with financial planning, and coordinated all the bid documents for construction activities. Currently, Pioneer is providing engineering and management support for the ongoing monitoring and maintenance of the reclaimed WCGP. Over the years we provided these services:
Project Management and Oversight – strategic planning, budget forecasting, contractor management, and on-site oversight and construction management for the reclamation contract.
Pre-Decommissioning Agreements/Plan – Purchase and Sale Agreement (PSA) to sell specific assets.
- Created site investigation work plan.
- Investigated the 105-acre site.
- Collected 673 samples and analyzed 379.
- Developed site conceptual model.
- Developed data summary and analysis report.
- Developed reclamation work plan detailing requirements with detailed topographic survey and underground maps.
- Developed preliminary engineer’s estimate of expected costs.
- Created/submitted state-required annual progress reports.
- Created inspection and maintenance plan to maintain the site.
- Developed reclamation scope of work.
- Developed reclamation Request for Proposal.
- Developed final engineer’s estimate of expected costs.
- Managed the contractor proposal process.
- Developed Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP).
- Provided contractor oversight and construction management
Additional Reclamation (Escape Road Reclamation)
- Completed reclamation of adjoining WCGP West Escape Road, a 1.5-mile long gravel road located on a steep and hazardous side slope.
- Provided design, engineering, construction oversight, and final report.